Note: Completed entry does not guarantee a place on the course. This will come into effect when the ratios of instructors to particapants is finalised.
Fields with * are mandatory.
LRYC Junior Sailing Course
|Go Racing 1/2/ABH*
Date Of Birth
Note:The following fields are not required if you intend to rent a boat and/or do not yet know the boat details
If you have any additional requests please enter here and we will endeavour to fulfill the request if practical/possible.
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION I CONFIRM THAT:-
- I have read the LRYC SI JUNIOR SAILING COURSE INFORMATION & CONDITIONS on the LRYC
website www.lryc.ie and accept the LRYC SI JUNIOR SAILING COURSE INFORMATION &
CONDITIONS governing this Application. I wish to enrol the Junior Members named in this Application
Form for sailing instruction on the LRYC Junior Sailing Course (JSC) 2020.
- I agree to abide by all of the decisions of the Committees in matters relating to the JSC.
- I am willing to assist with Junior Affairs and will attend the parents’ meeting in the
Clubhouse at 9.30am on Monday July 20th when my child commences the Junior Sailing Course.
- I understand that my child/children will sail under ISAF rules, the prescriptions of SI,
the Sailing Instructions of LRYC and the appropriate Class Regulations.
- I understand and accept that attending a JSC does not guarantee a
sailor will achieve their level.
- I understand this year’s course will be almost completely outdoors, therefore in the case where activity is not possible due to bad weather or other conditions, participants may not be allowed to remain on-site. I will be available to collect my child/children from the course at reasonable notice.
- In the event of illness, having parental responsibility for above named child/children, I give
permission for medical treatment to be administered, where considered necessary, by a
first aider, or by suitably qualified medical practitioners. If I cannot be contacted and my
child should require emergency hospital treatment, I authorise a qualified medical
practitioner to provide emergency treatment or medication.
- I have read with my child/children, for whom I am applying for a place in the Junior Sailing
Course 2020, the attached Code of Conduct for Young People and we agree to
abide by it.
- LRYC has a new premises and facilities for the use of all members. I understand that all
members are expected to treat the premises with respect and that any abuse of these
facilities will not be tolerated by the Executive Committee. I am aware that participants in
the LRYC Junior Sailing Course, who are found causing damage to Club property
will be automatically suspended from the Junior Sailing Course.
- I understand that all boats must be insured for third party liability as per the Club
Rules. I confirm and declare that the Insurance to cover third party liability, min.
€1,270,000 on the boat(s) listed on this application form, is in force and will remain
so for the duration of the Sailing Season.
- I HEREBY AGREE to waive any claim against Lough Ree Yacht Club, its members and
servants, for any loss or damage to my property or my child’s property or for any personal
injury to me or my child which may arise at any time during the LRYC Junior Sailing
We feel it is important to recognise the achievements and successes of our
young sailors and of the club as a whole. To allow us to do this, we would like to use photographs/videos of our Junior members in the local press and at times, on the club website, newsletter, message system, and social media.
Please read the Irish Sailing Code of Conduct Safe Guarding Policy
Please check that all items needed have been selected correctly.